Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hawaiian Haystacks

The first time I ever had Hawaiian Haystacks was when I was a teenager. I was at Girl's camp and Oh My Goodness!!!! They were the best things ever! Who would have thought putting sweet things like pineapple and coconut in the same dish with cheese, chicken, and rice would be a good combination? Certainly not me. But by adding all the foods that I love, the dish that I accidently started with a plate full of rice ended up over flowing with yummy deliciousness! If there is one downfall to Hawaiian Haystacks this would be it, by adding a bunch on top the plate gets full REALLY fast. LOL. Enjoy, I know I did!

Hawaiian Haystacks


Ingredients;
2 cans cream of chicken soup          1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups cooked, chopped chicken        1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream                      4 cups cooked rice
1 cup milk                            1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 can chow mein noodles               1/2 cup coconut
3 medium tomatoes, diced              1 cup chopped celery
1 can pineapple chunks
 
Combine soup, chicken broth, chicken, sour cream, and milk in a medium 
saucepan to make sauce.  Stir to blend.  Simmer about 8 to 10 minutes, 
until heated through.  Serve sauce over rice, and top with whatever 
toppings your family likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment